Thread: First Gen Alt Mod

Default First Gen Alt Mod

Ok, for those of you that are interested in the alternator modification we discussed at the last meeting, I am trying to get an idea of how many First Gen Z owners would like to pre-purchase the parts to be installed at the next club wrench day or to install yourself. This will consist of a CS-130 alternator that puts out 105 amps at idle and about 130 amps at speed with all the pieces parts to install. I have not figured out the exact price for everything but it should be about $250 plus or minus. You will have to provide your existing alternator mounting bracket as a core exchange.

Please reply so that I can get a count and start to figure out a timeline for our next meeting. Nine kits are being requested at this time. It should take about 30 minutes to do the installation. Please specify the model and year to verify that the correct parts are put together for your car.

It's the best mod I've done to my 1975 280Z.

Steve
    Steve
    Theoretical Mechanic

1970 240Z (RIP)
    1970 240Z ​New project car!
    1971 240Z 3/4 Race cam, triple duce 45 DCOE 7 Weber Carbs, Recaro Seats, 5-speed, F-54 block, shaved P90 head...
    1973 240Z was turbo - now parts
    1974 260Z Califonia Wide Body - Sold
    1975 280Z Stock plus dealer upgrades for now....

"If knowledge is power, mechanical knowledge is horsepower!"

Steve,
    I am interested in making this change. I have a 76 280Z. Now with the car basically restored I plan to drive it much more and this in one less problem to worry about. Appreciate you offering to gather the parts and help in the modification.

Thanks, Mike.

Count me in.

Jeff Ostroski