Thread: WEK Fest Austin Car Show

Default WEK Fest Austin Car Show

Hey All!
    Last weekend was an interesting weekend indeed. Mark Rolston and I showed his RB powered 240Z and tube frame chassis race car 240. We really did not know what we were getting into when we showed up. The day started with Mark pulling the tube car on the trailer while I drove the Skyline Z. The first test drive with the new motor I might add, which of course made me nervous being at the helm. We drove to the Parmer event center and was met with a long line of stance cars, bozozuka, bling, tricked, and blown super street Japanese market cars.....uh oh. We might be in the wrong show, why, until 1 we were the oldest dudes with the oldest cars.
    So I am sitting in line and I notice the temp gauge is creeping up. ( Keep in mind I have been in the car the last two times the motor blew on the track ) So I made a decision, I punched it through the exit side hoping no cars would come around the corner with the police and entrance marshal screaming at me to stop. Yes those who know me always know there will something crazy when I show up. So I parked the car and immediately shut it off. I just got the brake lights to work so now I am like F%$k the car is retaliating and while I am driving it. We let the car cool and pushed the tube car into the events center. Good parking spot next to a drag honda. That car was amazing and owned by Antionne of AHobbs racing.
    Once we fired the RB Z and pulled it in, jaws dropped. We then proceeded to set up and make friends with our spot mates. The day drug on and on and we were firmly sure that the Hobbs and Rob and Mark show would not yield any awards or mention. WRONG, because race Car!

AHobbs Racing : Overall Best Import First Place

Mark Rolston and Rob Curtis (RC Racing ) : Second Place Best of Show

I will post show pics when I get them!

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	601358_10151222723420020_766022649_n.jpg 
Views:	194 
Size:	46.4 KB 
ID:	628

OK some 3D action of the show.
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WyVP0iXHOk0

Congrats on the trophy! So what cause the high water temp?

1996 Z32 Twin Turbo

I totally forgot about this show. Sounds like it turned out well.
    Brad
    1972 RHD Nissan Fairlady Z
    1973 Datsun 240Z - LS1 project
    1983 Nissan 280zx - Track Car
    2010 Toyota Tacoma TRD sport

CZOT events calendar: http://czot.org/events

Well I fixed it at the show on the temp, wire came loose on the drive. About 309 cars showed.

Sounds like it turned out well.

gclub online